Garages ! / Customers

tappers

I do not understand was is with companies these days.

I went to garage to get a quote on respraying the front of my car because of stone chips and a previous bad job by previous owner.

I asked about doing the side strips and black panels around the base. I have a 2001 Passat saloon and have seen them all painted and like it espeically as I cannot get the skirts etc that VW do as I would damage them going into my drive.

The guy doing the quote just said I should not get them done as they may get damaged by stone chips. I told him I knew and would still like a quote, then he gave me another excuse at which point I gave up!

Do companies not want the money!

I have had it with other things, companies seem to want us not to spend money, at least that is what it seems.

I understand warning a customer about something and then letting them do it that is what I would call good customer service.

But this guy seemed to be intent on me not having it done.

Has anyone esle experienced this sort of thing??

Painting the "lowers" and the rubbing strips on the passat is a pain and often results in flaking and cracking. You need to mix a special mixture of paint and flexible elastemer in order that the paint can bend.

A lot bodyshops wont do this or will against their own advice. The guy you spoke to has probably had kids with their bodykits coming back and complaning because the paint fell off.

The passat is a particular pain in the @"£$@ to do as the lowers are really flexible. Common in the US to have them done but as they will tell you on passatworld.com its not a simple job.

If you want the rubbing strips painted then your better getting the paintable ones and not the textured ones. You can get these from Eurocarparts but its not cheap.