[Audi A3/S3] Audi IPOD kit install

d3fy

Right then, I ordered by genuine Audi IPOD connector from Neil (NelsonA4Sline) Laney @ Ipswich Audi as he is soon to be doing a Group Buy on here so I played guinea pig. It arrived next day.

I got that carried away with fitting it that I forgot to take pictures until the end. If you have any questions on the install let me know and I will try and answer them.

Removing the Head Unit, I had heard that this could be a night mare and was not looking forward to it, I used a set of Genuine Audi keys and it came out straight away with out any problem.

The Glove box on the other hand was a different story; it has 3 bolts along the top, one inside toward the light, and two further ones in the foot well area.

It also has 3 here

1.jpg

2.jpg

The plastic plate at the end of the dash board just clip on and hid behind are the screws. I used a flat chisel to help ease the end plate of to get at the final screws.

Once this was done I then had to figure out what the hell to do with all the wires that come with the IPOD kit from Audi. After going through the first section I was left with more cables and adaptors that I could not figure out what to do with, it turns out that these are far fitting the adaptor to different head units; mine was a Chorus single CD and was really as straight forward as I was hoping for. Once I had plugged in relevant cable and found a location for the little black conversion box it was plain sailing. I had to drill a small hole into the back of the glove box for the cable to come through but you get a rubber grommet supplied for this.

3.jpg

I then tested it, sound was awful, bass all over the place and I though poo! I then skipped past that track and onto a bit of Basement Jaxx - perfect! It was just a duff MP3 I chose for the first play.

The sound is really really good.

4.jpg

And that’s about it really, it did take about an hour to fit and if you have a IPOD I would really recommend it as I now have 20 GB’s with of music to listen to.

• 3 weeks later...