Love my GTI...

Muppetboy

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

If you see the laser warning light up then it's far too late to try slowing down!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, and the whole concept of slamming on in front of Plod, having the car behind run right into you - not going to sound too convincing in court is it?!

the_finger.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and the "illegal" one? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it illegal nowadays to have the Laser function activated on your Road Angel ... ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not at all. wink.gif

It used to be illegal, but it no longer is. They're trying to ban them again, but it'll be a few years yet wink.gif

I was pulling out of the side road where I live onto the main road and there was a guy doing a u-turn, he took one look at the car stopped what he was doing broke into the biggest smile and waved me through. Never happened in my MkIV 1.6 UHOH7.GIF

Know what you mean about other drivers, they just expect you to drive fast even through built up areas! Only had one instance so far, one of the new Clio's... I was pondering along at 20mph through a roundabout on the A316 when this guy decided to show off to his girlfriend! I should know better but needless to say I took the wind out of his sail... 123576-assfeck.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and the "illegal" one? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it illegal nowadays to have the Laser function activated on your Road Angel ... ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not at all. wink.gif

It used to be illegal, but it no longer is. They're trying to ban them again, but it'll be a few years yet wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, soon as I read your note I could feel my right foot twitching to floor that aluminium throttle .. !

Ta for that, dunno where I picked that up but very pleased to know ... I can belt around with a legal 0.000001 millsecond of warning that the nice white van fekr.gifparked up on the grass has already got my mug-shot ... !

[ QUOTE ]

I must be mad - just dashed out to the garage and took 2 snaps ... both on flash, so colours are a bit bright but nevertheless here it is ..

[/ QUOTE ]

blush.gif I could have waited but thanks anyway, you're a gent!

And thanks to you too Robin.

Is there any reason why I couldn't have it postioned to the far right hand side? (next to the A pillar)

cheers 169144-ok.gif

Right, football is over (come on you spurs wink.gif) so I can type a better reply.

First off muppet, nice one, they look much better!

Radar/laser detectors used to be illegal because they were deemed to alter government transmissions! However, some cunning person went to court and argued that a detector merely detects the presence of a signal, it does not alter it at all. Therefore, by the law in place, the detectors were not illegal. Whereas the blockers (can't remember what they're called) are illegaly because they emit a signal and interfere with the police operations.

I don't know what the future holds, but I don't expect detectors to be made illegal for a while yet smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If you see the laser warning light up then it's far too late to try slowing down!

[/ QUOTE ]

not all together true, they still need to get a reading over a 100 or so yards, so you can still get the speed down. It works on the same principle as Radar, just more accurate that's all. Just make sure you put your lead foot on the brake quickly... oh and if the geezer behind you does run in to you, feck him... he should have been looking where he was going. The police are there as a speed detterent, so getting you to slow down is exactly what they want you to do (albeit a bit more dramatically grin.gif )

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not all together true, they still need to get a reading over a 100 or so yards, so you can still get the speed down. It works on the same principle as Radar, just more accurate that's all. Just make sure you put your lead foot on the brake quickly... oh and if the geezer behind you does run in to you, feck him... he should have been looking where he was going. The police are there as a speed detterent, so getting you to slow down is exactly what they want you to do (albeit a bit more dramatically grin.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so mate, a laser gun only needs 0.3 seconds to lock in and that reading is satisfactory to take to court and prove speeding.