[Audi A2] Which Sat nav

Santfekuss

Mk V R32 or 130i  

1. 1. Mk V R32 or 130i

I have a 2001 1.4 TDi and was wondering which Audi sat nav would fit. Pretty sure its double din,although the climate control may need a bit of a trim on the bottom square corners, to fit where the tray thing is above the ashtray.

Been scouring ebay but there all A3 and A4 stuff,

How much are they new from the stealers ??

Yeah that is the CD based navigation system available on ebay for around £300. Plus you would also require a TMC unit for full functionality. You need to find the right colour as well to match your dash, most of the RNS-D systems seem to be very dark gloss black, whereas the A2 is soul black, a sort of grey black.

I fit the DVD Navigation system that they advertise for £1299 + fitting for the price of £1000 inclusive of fitting.

You also get mp3 slots with the DVD nav that are not available on the CD system.

I have 2 A2 customers who are very happy with their installations.

I'm based in Manchester.

Craig

post-5279-137914350078_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there !!!!!!

I'm new to this site and have been reading your useful info.

Can you help me at all???

I have an A4 TDi 130SE 2001

Currently there's a chorus cassete head unit and a 6 disk changer in the glove box.

I'd like to keep the changer and retro fit satnav.

Where do I start?

Will the RNS-E navplus fit with a new double din?

I've tried to find tips on fitting instructions on various sites but no joy as yet!!!

Look forward toyour reply....

JIM

Hi Jim,

Stick with what you have !!! Starters, you need a new double din dash, and I mean a complete dashboard,approx £650 Then you need, illumination wire,switched live wire, and a wire from your speedo to the sat-nav, and hope the canbus etc will work with it.

I'm just on putting mine back to how it was originally,after cutting my dash etc as seen on the german site I posted. I need to get a new centre console,or a full dash, and also a new climate control facia or unit,I rounded off the bottom of mine to fit in the bottom of the console.Total cost approx £900 +vat, unless I can fine one in a breakers yard.

Seriously....don't bother :-(