[Audi A3/S3] Replica alloys for base 1.6

cg808

I have a 2000 A3 1.6 with the bog standard alloys (pants!) want to change them but the tyres iv got on them are almost brand new so want to go for 15" replicas. Thinking about the A3 competition alloys (1.8T), S3 alloys, RS4 alloys or 5-spoke star design A4 alloys. I'm worried that they will look silly being so small iamwithstupid.gif- any comments? Has anyone else replaced their A3 standard alloys with Audi replicas?

Cheers

Hi mate, I would say forget the idea gettin 15inch alloys for your A3 and go for at least 16inch wheels! I suggest to sell your existing wheels as there are always people on this board selling their competition or S3 wheels, so you'll get a good deal! cool.gif

If you want some decent replicas then try our www.premier-wheels.co.uk, they do competition, 5-star and RS4 replicas!

Naresh

I logged on purely to beg you not to stick with the 15" diameter if you upgrade, no matter how good your tyres are and no matter how pants the standard alloys are.

The standard ones might look pants but that's more or less their job in life and at least they know their place. If you stick a nice 15" wheel in there it will look plain silly, in fact the nicer the wheel the sillier it will look! False economy, It's the rubber and profile that look sexy anyhow.

Either hold out for something good that fits your budget or spend what you have on a different improvement.

I hope this helps.............I'm going to bed now beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I logged on purely to beg you not to stick with the 15" diameter if you upgrade, no matter how good your tyres are and no matter how pants the standard alloys are.

The standard ones might look pants but that's more or less their job in life and at least they know their place. If you stick a nice 15" wheel in there it will look plain silly, in fact the nicer the wheel the sillier it will look! False economy, It's the rubber and profile that look sexy anyhow.

Either hold out for something good that fits your budget or spend what you have on a different improvement.

I hope this helps.............I'm going to bed now beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with Sportbilly!!! DOnt do it... beerchug.gif