Dilemma... what would u do??

DelBoy79

I currently have a GT TDI 150 MKIV & my next next car is going to be either a MKV GTI or a MKV GT TDI... however my m8 currently owns a PUMA, (so i always feel smug when i park next to him) but has come into a bit of money and has asked my advice on what car to go for.

Do I be a good friend & tell him to buy either of my next choices & then look like it's me copying him when i go to purchase mines fekr.gif, or do i point him in the direction of an Astra or Focus... both respectable cars, but not a patch on a VW... Help me out guys cos my head hurts smashfreakB.gif

Cheers

First question has to be - must he have manual or could he enjoy DSG wink.gif

If he wants a car with all the toys (in manual) but cheap and cheerful (at purchase if not at resale - depends on how long he keeps it) then the Focus is a great car 169144-ok.gif

If he wants a GTI then he'll have to pay the extra..... but he'll get a car that, in DSG, is unrivalled by any Focus, and in manual has the VW Golf GTI going for it..... beerchug.gif

Why not direct him to Richard at www.euroimports.co.uk or Shaun at Select and this will reduce the pain of the substantial difference in price!

I pointed a friend of mine to the GTI we both now have one, ours are sort of oposites too his is 3 door DSG fully loaded mines a standard 5 door manual only option on mine is metallic paint.

I never understand this badge snob, one up man ship superiority complex some people seem to get.. but thats just me. At the end of the day if i like the car i will buy it the badge meens nothing to me.

If i can help a mate out i will go out my way to do so.

Another mate after we went and test drove other cars has gone and ordered a Focus ST2 as he liked it better,

It would be a dull world if we were all the same.

At the end of the day if were all happy i cannot see a problem.