Car Limits thingy

Muppetboy

So I just missed out on the last place on 24th May for the Car Limits thingy as tyresmoker "nhs" is going and I was going to join too. Just needed to book the day off work today (which I did) but by the time I did the last place had gone.

There are 4 free places for 23rd May - is anyone up for it? I'd much rather go with folks from Tyresmoke than with complete "strangers" - would be nice to meet some of you face to face.

linky for 23 May

Cheers 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be up for it but I will be 'running her in' unfortunately. Maybe later in the year though when I've got a couple of K on the clock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's no excuse mate, I got mine run in in 5 days

[/ QUOTE ]

My Steel Grey was three weeks old and had done 1012

I highly commend the course to you 169144-ok.gif

The course is not a track day - it doesn't teach you to drive fast, rather it teaches you the safe limits of your car and how to best control you can control your car safely and happily coffee.gif

I second what nhs_ has written. Plus the instructor Andy Walsh is excellent - Doesn't put you down but tells you how to get it right in a positive encouraging way. I think my driving has become smoother since this course and I'm more confident through corners since experiencing the limits of my GTI without hitting anything !!

[ QUOTE ]

I second what nhs_ has written. Plus the instructor Andy Walsh is excellent - Doesn't put you down but tells you how to get it right in a positive encouraging way. I think my driving has become smoother since this course and I'm more confident through corners since experiencing the limits of my GTI without hitting anything !!

[/ QUOTE ]

And he's brilliant at pushing people to their limits! We were doing that high speed bend at 60mph to begin with, yet with some encouragement he got up going at 80mph+ (albeit spinning most of the time). It was then that he told us how to take the corner properly grin.gif

"Right, you've done it at 85mph, now try 90mph"

fekr.gif

....I got my own back by eating the extra big salad lunch which was meant to be his ! In fact a genuine mistake discovered when I asked why he was eying my lunch grin.gif. Great guy 169144-ok.gif.

muppetboy, if you don't get any takers here in the GTI forum, how about posting in the Meets forum for other TSNers.

The quality of the teaching is first rate.

The business runs on recomendations and repeat business.

At our recent Car Limits, two attendees had been in different cars in the past, that is a commendation indeed 169144-ok.gif

£180 per person/car for 4 people, £360 per person/car for 2 people. I'd certainly recommend going on the 4 person day rather than the two. With 4 cars there are adequate pauses between driving activities - I don't think my driving skills would be up to sustaining the workload between only two cars for a whole day!

18th July seems the next clear date, but it is worthwhile ringing to see if there are any other dates coming up before or after, which are not yet on the website - and then reserving one for GTIs and putting it up here again.

http://www.carlimits.com/

There are some Sunday options as well, although these are a little more money.