[Audi A3/S3] Remap Options

rball

Fellas,

Can anyone advise me on the best remap/chip/reflash to go for? I had the Revo test softare on for a day and I was very impressed. I've also heard AMD are good and I'm sure there are other options. Which is the best power/cost value?

BTW its for a 2000 S3 210

Ive had both, Revo and Amd.

Its really down to what you like. Although the eng figures are always going to be similar the method of delivery is not.

Some like it progressive/linear

some like a huge shove low down and then it tail off top end and run out of puff.

each tuner will have their style or trait.

Asking which is best can be likened to asking croud which football team they each support.

i was thinking of getting the trial five hour codes. what sort of power delivery can i expect from revo? also will i have to change anything to accept the power increase or can i expect the life of the engine to be majorly reduced if i go for the full software beerchug.gif

Most remapt take the S3 upto 260/265 bhp.

270/275 bhp is not unheard of.

All dependant on choice of rolling road of course.

Nothing wiill need changing unless the extra power flags up any exisitng issues. It will eat into the manufactures built in margin, bur remember your not breaking the mould. 1000's of 1.8T's in everything fro SEAT, to Audi have been remapped over the years. Its all tried and tested stuff.

[ QUOTE ]

Ive had both, Revo and Amd.

Its really down to what you like. Although the eng figures are always going to be similar the method of delivery is not.

Some like it progressive/linear

some like a huge shove low down and then it tail off top end and run out of puff.

each tuner will have their style or trait.

Asking which is best can be likened to asking croud which football team they each support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is which though?

Is the revo progressive/linear or

a huge shove low down and then it tail off top end and run out of puff?