Traded the A4 in for this....

techieboy

citroen_furio_800x502.jpg

Nah, not really. After getting the new A4 dinged in the train station car park last week (and having half of the front-end resprayed to hide the chip), I decided we needed a station car.

So got this last night. Got it for quite a good price and it's only got 9,000 miles on it. It's even suprisingly good fun to drive in a cheap, baked bean can, kind of way. Screaming out for some 18" chavvy alloys, though. 169144-ok.gif

Train station and Sainsburys, here I come!! ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Was that a pressie inside an Easter Egg? ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is, now I've eaten the chocolate wrapper, I can't get in the feckin' thing.

You all thought A4's had limited rear legroom; you wanna try one of these! Need to work out how to enable the macro function on the camera, in order to capture the infinitessimally small gap between front and rear seats. It makes an MR2 look generous for room in the back. laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

why'd you need a station car techie. Is it the car park dent thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, mostly. Pay £6 a day to park in the "premier" car park and then find some pillock driving a Freelander or a Suzuki Samurai parked diagonally, in the next space. No matter how much space you give 'em, they always seem to park within 3". Whoever smacked the A4 did it fairly hard as it made a noticeable dent and took a fair sized piece of paint with it.

I'm currently only a mile away from the station, so the heated seats have barely warmed up, let alone the engine. So, not good for the car in the long term. Better to have something happier with that kind of use and something I don't have to examine every time I come back in the evening.

[ QUOTE ]

Yahoooooooooooooooo a C2! jump.gif

Excellent in the corners no doubt. Baby Citroens make great fun town cars. What model is it then - a 1.4 Furio manual per chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on with the model 169144-ok.gif VTS/VTR would have been fun but too much money for the kind of use it'll get.

Handling is entertaining! Rear end is a bit lively on the potholed roads in Bedford. Feels like it might break away but hasn't so far. Biggest problem is getting back into the Audi, take 20 minutes to get used to it again as everything feels heavy in the Audi in comparison (and I thought the clutch and steering felt quite light in the Audi compared with some cars I've had).

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah.... Pay £6 a day to park in the "premier" car park and then find some pillock driving a Freelander.... parked diagonally in the next space.... Whoever smacked the A4 did it fairly hard as it made a noticeable dent and took a fair sized piece of paint with it.... I'm currently only a mile away from the station, so the heated seats have barely warmed up, let alone the engine. So, not good for the car in the long term....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, one mile from the station in Bedford - why on earth do you drive? That's £1500. EEK2.GIF

Clarke Towers is further from the station than you are - about 23 minutes brisk walk - but on the rarely occasions I need to travel by train, I would never drive and park.

Having just realised you are in Bedford, the pavement does look the same style as the roads around here, as do the Victorian red bricks and sash windows. The porch reflected in the drivers' door looks strangely familiar too....

Ian

Basically lazy!

But walking down to the train station at 5am in the dark/rain/snow/cold only to be stuffed, sardine like, onto a commuter train is not the most enjoyable experience. My wife and I both work in London so we get the same train in the morning and in my defence, I do tend to walk back from the station at night as the missus get's back a couple of hours earlier than me. I try to work from home a couple of days a week otherwise I'd get a season ticket for the carpark which takes the cost down significantly.

Still all change, shortly. Just bought a new house on the eastern outskirts of town, so it'll be a 4 mile drive then. Currently right in the town centre, so will miss the convenience but not being on the boy racer circuit. Although I'll probably miss looking out of the window at the Saxo's/206's/Corsa's/Nova's only held together with their cornflake packet bodykits.