[Audi A3/S3] S3 running Lean

jitvv

Hi Guys,

I have got a problem with my S3 210 Facelift is running lean the MAF was changed in January and the Temp sensor has been changed. When i bought the car it was already chipped and the preavous owner told me it was a REVO chip, My Garage now think its the MAP that is causing it to run Lean at the top end of the rev range?? Any ideas? or anyone had a simlar problem?

Cheers

Jit.

I found out it was running lean when i had it rolling roaded the first time about 3-4 weeks ago but since then i changed the temp sensor as my Temp gauge was all over the place so i thought is was faulty. I had it rerun on Wednesday, And they told me it was still running Lean at the top end of the rev range. They think it’s the MAF. I explained that a new one was fitted in January. They then said it could be the Chip. They advised me to change the MAF again as this is cheaper than a remap. Just wanted know if any of you guys of had a Similar problem?

[ QUOTE ]

MAF's have been known to faulty when new... Have you spoken to Revo? From experience its unlikely to be their map at fault and they may well have a look at it for you. Speak to their head office...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks that's a good idea i'll give them a call on Tuesday! I think i will try a new MAF as your the second person to tell they can fail very quickly! Cheers guys for you advise.

Jit.