Bottle openers and grip

stevie_d

I've found out what the bottle opener's for...

And yes, it's for opening bottles grin.gif

I've lost my bottle opener in the house and couldn't find a way of getting the cap off my stella...Then I remembered the infamous bottle opener in the GTI! Seriously this car has an answer to everything beerchug.gif

On another note, I went for a drive today on some lovely roads near Stanhope (near Durham). Now, don't get me wrong, I was very happy with the GTI, thought it was a very good car, but I felt that something was missing. I couldn't see what all the journalists were raving about...why did it get 5 stars and not 4 1/2...

However, I now know where that extra 1/2 a star comes from grin.gif On a ten mile stretch of brutal blacktop (we're talking adverse cambers, sharp corners, pot holes, changing road surfaces, nasty bumps and anything else that can unsettle a car) she was stuck to the road! I honestly don't think many cars could have kept base, let alone overtake! To put this into perspective; I did the same road in my old MKIV (which was nicely modded), but in the GTI I was doing big speed + 30mph on most straights. The sheer speed that it carried around the corners was incredible!

Now, before any baiters enter buttcheeks.gif hear me out; I was on roads that were designed for hot hatches; very few straights, so outright power means very little, it's all down to grip, chuckability and feedback ECLIPSe.gif