LED IN VENTS...ANYTHING ELSE?

watteee

just found out the other day about the LED`s in the vents and they are getting rigged up tomorrow,is there anything else that lies dormant that can be made to work,i have a 2001 B6 tdi 130,i know a lot of manufacturers fit the same wiring loom throughout their range and according to the spec is just plugged in. jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

just found out the other day about the LED`s in the vents and they are getting rigged up tomorrow,is there anything else that lies dormant that can be made to work,i have a 2001 B6 tdi 130,i know a lot of manufacturers fit the same wiring loom throughout their range and according to the spec is just plugged in. jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So how do i go about getting this fitted??? confused.gif

thats the leds in and working,i used a 9 mm drill bit and 2 black rubber grommets to finish the rough edges off,looks superb,cant wait til tonight to see the effect. rear ones are next,not bad for 10 minutes work and £10.16 for the part.

[ QUOTE ]

try clicking on the link in the post that avus bub did a few posts b4 this one,its easy.

[/ QUOTE ] Think then i'm getting confused as i thought this was LED's in the air vents and not the LED's in the roof. I have already done the roof LED update. Thanks

Sorry misunderstood you,ive done the vents and the roof leds,its not actually the vents that light up,its the little wheel you adjust to turn the airflow on and off.

I put a shoelace in the top slat of the vent and used tweezers to feed it thru the next one down,keep doing this till the lace is out the bottom slat,then pull till the vent comes out.(be careful slats can break easily).

once out you will see the cable for the leds,i got my mate who is an auto spark bowdown.gif to wire them up as its not as simple as a sidelight feed to each one,they have to be wired in sequence ie feed from sidelight switch to the drivers side vent then to centre vents to the passenger vent then all way back to sidelight switch(something like that).

I personally dont think it made a great difference but its free if you know how to do it or someone you know does.

All the best of luck. 169144-ok.gif