Police

xixox

I've been a GTi owner since August last year and an avid reader of this forum. Up to now I have not felt the need to contribute. Last night I saw somthing to change my mind. I live in Twickenham and there are a few GTis around but they are still a rarity. Walking towards the town centre I could hear a siren approaching. This is not an unusual occurrence on a Friday night. A car appeared in the distance with a blue light on one side of the roof but no other markings (Starski and Hutch style). I could then see that it was a GTi! It passed too quickly to see who was driving but he must have been cool.

It quite made my evening and impressed my wife too, who is generally blase about anything to do with cars.

Mine is a Blue Graphite with beige leather interior (excellent combination IMO). My 'handle' is a clue to the reg number.

The police GTi was speeding past Orleans Park School. Too quick for me to catch a photo on my mobile I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome to joining in on Tyresmoke, xixox 169144-ok.gif. It's easy to forget about all those lurkers out there! sekret.gif

I'm told that some drug squads use the Mk5 GTI. I don't know just how true that is but it makes sense. As you can see from Officer Smitten's signature, he uses a BMW 1-series grin.gif.