18" Monza's on Ebay through "dsgwagen"

Muppetboy

I recall that when I ordered my GTI in late May 05 my dealer said there would have been a delay if I had ordered 18s. Trouble is that dealers cannot be relied upon not to say anything to suit their purposes. My thinking is that perhaps the numbers relate to batch production or even a different factory premises. Who knows.

RR - I presume your car is pre 08/05 then ? and I presume your new 18" Monzas fitted OK which would have been post 08/05 ?

It just seems strange that the e-bay ad states :-

"Brand new replacement 7.5x18'' Monza II alloy wheel for Golf MK5 GTI's built between 10/04-08/05, part number 1K0601025AH16Z". Particularly as the seller is a VW specilaist.

I was looking for a set of 18" Monzas myself and would like to know the difference, if any, between the pre 08/05 and post 08/05 wheels.

nhs...thanks for the link, not spotted those yet !

Difference seems to be about the valve design :

Quote :

"The pre 08/05 wheels need a special metal tyre valve (which doesn't come with the wheel)and they changed this on the date listed and the later wheel is a different part number. The sizes of the wheel are the same but there may be some slight difference in where the valve go's in"