Dynamat, has anyone installed it in there r?

pomme

Hiya Guys,

Basically im getting an enclosure built with sub, amp, phatnoise, and ps2. And have been advised to add some Dynamat to the boot area which i will do, but im just wondering if it is worth doing the rest of the car. Ive tried to see how much noise dedening there is in the car, and there seems quite a bit, so would it be worth it adding the dynamat to the rest?

have experimented with Dynamat before in a few cars - it is excellent for sound quality but does add a good deal of weight.

If you do the whole boot then that's a fair surface area and if you also then do the door cards and carpets that is really quite a lot of the stuff so beware the extra kg.

there seem to be a few different grades available - tech specs here

169144-ok.gif

with the original type of dynamat this could have made a difference - but apparently they've improved things with the 'extreme' product which is much lighter. Perhaps this is the way to go and wouldn't have any noticable affect on the car's performance.

Am looking at this myself for the MkV as the sound deading quality of the door cards is dung.gif compared to the MkIV.

169144-ok.gif

I’ve done mine in Dynamat Extream, got a bulk pack from flee bay for £60 I think it was.

Extream is the same weight its just you don’t have to use as much of it as its ment to be more efficient so less layers are required, I did my front doors and this made a big difference cutting down road noise making my new door speakers sound awesome and making an even better clunk when you shut the door. tongue.gif

I will post you up some pictures a bit later on of the install and what I did 169144-ok.gif

cheers

matt