Lumbar Seats - Back being hit when braking ????

Hudson

Hi,

Not all the time, but sometimes when i brake i can feel something give a gentle ''hit'' to the middle of my back, i am sure it is one of the supports that move up and down for the lumbar support..... has anybody else noticed this ?

oh, my car is a 1999 A6 2.8 Quattro, Thanks. wink.gif

wow.... looks like it may be a ''back off seat'' jobby in the not too distant future. It is just annoying at times waiting for the slight 'tap' when you brake, i think i may get an independant seating firm to look at it as Audi will be totally out of the question with there hourly rate, cheers for that.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi,

Not all the time, but sometimes when i brake i can feel something give a gentle ''hit'' to the middle of my back, i am sure it is one of the supports that move up and down for the lumbar support..... has anybody else noticed this ?

oh, my car is a 1999 A6 2.8 Quattro, Thanks. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Hudson, tricky one this but are you absolutely certain that the kids are securely strapped into their respective booster seat/s??? Given you have any!!! tongue.gif169144-ok.gif

I'll let myself out eh??? wink.gif

Good call, i do have them ( 2 little mortgages), and it happens if they are in the back or not. I think it is either one or two loose ''straps'' that will be in the seat due to it having the lumber support and the seat having to ripple all the way up the back to get the desired seating effect. I guess the only way to really solve it is to have the back of the seat off and ''have a look see''. I do not want to go to the dealer as it will be a decision that could cost me dear

• 2 weeks later...