Allroad Centre Caps

DanRS

Does any one know where I can either get my centre caps refurbished or maybe replace (i.e how much) on a 2001 Allroad 5 spoke wheels (same type as Neilp's, see his wash and wax thread).

the Laquer has lifted quite badly on a couple, the wheels are in pretty good shape so this seems a little weird to me.. anyhow... suggestions?

Cheers XFS

Sort of milky white corrosion?

Mine are the same, some of the guys took a look at the Windsor meet, looks like salt corrosion.

But they are alloy so should be able to be fixed up by chipsaway or another of the alloy refurb chaps 169144-ok.gif

I'd assumed it would be under the 3 years (mechanical) warranty but now you've mentioned it it may be covered under the paint warranty? I dont really know but as mine is a 2004 it doesn't makes any difference to me grin.gif Might give them a call in the morning to find out the score.

We had two of our wheels replaced under warranty due to corrosion, but it was within the first 3 years.

By 'center caps', do you mean the plastic bit in the middle with the four rings on, or the outside section of the two piece wheel?

The plastic center caps should be pretty cheap to replace.