Cab Roof Leaking

IanGolstat

OK folks not been here for a while - was looking at buying an A4 avant many moons ago but ended up buying a A4 Cab 3.0 quattro sport.

The motor is still under its 3 year warranty so I'm not unduly worried but the roof has developed a leak on the passenger side corner which seems to be worse under braking?????????????

My question is this - is there an inherent fault with cab roofs or is this a simple job to fix (retension the cables which operate the roof perhaps?)

Where exactly are you referring to ?, near the front windscreen surround ?, if so then mine was leaking slightly this morning, probably due to the heavy rain we have had over the last few days.

Mine leaks at the top near where the roof locates at the top edge of the windscreen surround. Where it does locate there is a rubber section which provides drainage from the roof, sometimes these holes can get blocked or the rubber may simply be perishing. Overtime the rubber may lose its rigidity and hence there is the chance that it could let water in through the top front of the window.

Daz mentioned a few weeks back that you could either try and put a stretched coat hanger, or similar down the hole to try and remove any blockage or better still that particular part should be covered by warranty 169144-ok.gif

Sounds very similar to where mine is leaking.

Had the roof down a few days ago and inspected the seal on the windscreen upright and saw the drainage hole you were refering to. The seal does not look in that bad a condition to me, however it doesn't seem fixed to the post at the very end, both sides ie. passenger and driver.

Is this correct or is this flexibility to permit the roof to operate without damaging the seals?

Ta Ian