Brake discs and pads

geordie_guy

Hi everyone, I need to change the brake discs and pads for my passat 1997 1.8S petrol and wondering how much(rough idea) is it going to cost me for all wheels(rear and front). Also I have a problem with driver's electric window, it is just impossible to use, if I touch the button it wont stop going up and down until I take the keys out and sometimes when I lock the car then windows gets open. Does anyone know what is the problem with the window. Is it a big job? Also what is the mileage per gallon I should be getting from this car as I am only getting around 22 mpg city miles. Is it normal. Sorry lots of questions. Anyone from newcastle(T&W) could recommend any garage. Thanks for your answers in advance.

as a guide, I paid £175 all in for the full set of d&p's for a 2003 1.9TDi 4 motion from Hereford VW dealer, but was also quoted the same price for the Bolton VW garage.

I don't think non-VW are that much cheaper

I should add that the £175 was parts only !

I've got the VW warranty till Nov 06 and didn't fancy the job myself (plus I'd have to buy the windback tool) so paid local VW garage £95 ish labour at the same time as my service

Neal