Cost of respray for bonnet?

Luz

hi!

Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get a bonnet of a 2002 golf GTI re-sprayed?

The G/F took my GTI to the local car wash and has managed by using somne type of brush they had to scratch up my bonnet and it has resulted in several stone-chip like holes where paint should be as well as many small scratches.

So has anyone had similar work done and how much does it cost to correct?!

TBH it doesnt lokk that bad, but i think it needs to be done.

Also i looked on teh net at a mobile company called chipsaway, anyone ever used them?!

Thanks in advance...

Chipsaway won't do a whole bonnet, and if they try and retouch the chips on the bonnet it will look a bit dung.gif

Best to get a couple of quotes from a couple of reputable bodyshops - ask to see some of their work. Be careful with matching the colour too - I once had a blue Puma that Ford resprayed the bonnet on as it had a huge dent from a rock - totally different blue colour. frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

hi!

Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get a bonnet of a 2002 golf GTI re-sprayed?

The G/F took my GTI to the local car wash and has managed by using somne type of brush they had to scratch up my bonnet and it has resulted in several stone-chip like holes where paint should be as well as many small scratches.

Also i looked on teh net at a mobile company called chipsaway, anyone ever used them?!

Thanks in advance...

[/ QUOTE ]

What colour is the car... silver and black are hard to colour natch, reds are so bad, usual greens, blue, etc are easier. Colour matching is doen by the chassis number and a good garage will have access to the proper colour with available gardes of fade, normally 1up and 2 down from base.

Also, as a guide I think you'd be looking at £80 - £110 to do a bonnet on a golf. A lot of the cost is in the strip / preperation, ie taking off door trim, glass, etc for other parts, where as a bonnet just comes off, gets preped and painted, popped back on the polished - not much non-painting type effort involved so labour costs will be minimal.

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks both for advice, its a mk 4(2002)GTI Black.

I presume a re-spray will look better than me asking for the stone-chips on the bonnet to be "treated" individually?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, and being a bonnet they don't need to blend it to any lines on the car. So, its a case of full bonnet respray and the break-line for the colour are the gaps around the bonnet.

The one thing that you should take into account is that the bonnet will be fresh and bright and so the rest of the car should get a proper paint clean, polish and wax to bring it back to to the same level as the newly painted bonnet.

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

hi!

Thanks in advance...

[/ QUOTE ]

What colour is the car... silver and black are hard to colour natch, reds are so bad, usual greens, blue, etc are easier. Colour matching is doen by the chassis number and a good garage will have access to the proper colour with available gardes of fade, normally 1up and 2 down from base.

Also, as a guide I think you'd be looking at £80 - £110 to do a bonnet on a golf. A lot of the cost is in the strip / preperation, ie taking off door trim, glass, etc for other parts, where as a bonnet just comes off, gets preped and painted, popped back on the polished - not much non-painting type effort involved so labour costs will be minimal.

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my bonnet painted about 11 years ago and supplied my own paint and it costed me about £130 then! The bonnet was new and only had the primer on it as well so no stripping needed.

I haven't got a clue how much it would be now though. Just giving me 2p laugh.gif