Speaker sizes

RCUK

Can somebody please help me!

Ive been trying to find out what speakers are standard in the front doors - ie OEM sizes! Its a mkV gti MY06.

Als any recommendations about which speakers to buy would be really appreciated - looking to run it off the headunit though as dont want to go the amp route. Headunit is a 4x60 alpine 9857 jobbie.

On a related note, I am still amazed by the different that fitting an active sub has made to the overall quality of sound I'm getting. Don't get me wrong -- it's not up to decent aftermarket performance, but it's now pretty good and sounds substantially better than factory.

Amazing what taking some of the bass load off the stock speakers can do...

[ QUOTE ]

Can somebody please help me!

Ive been trying to find out what speakers are standard in the front doors - ie OEM sizes! Its a mkV gti MY06.

Als any recommendations about which speakers to buy would be really appreciated - looking to run it off the headunit though as dont want to go the amp route. Headunit is a 4x60 alpine 9857 jobbie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I run some Infinity Reference off the head unit and they sound quite good. Quite surpirising really, thought I would need an external amp. Depends on how much you want to spend. Mine were only £100 which was enough as my car isn't worth that much.

I'd probably splash out a bit uif I had a nice shiny GTI grin.gif