A3 VAG COM

kite

Hi all

My daughters A3 has been to the dealers today.

They set the 2 button door lock and auto lock

at 15mph, they told me that you can't make the alarm

beep when it locks, I had this set on my A4 !!!

Is this true !!

New A3 or Old?

Old A3/S3 can be done for sure.(with vagcom) dealer should know how to do it with their equipment.

New A3, not sure never done it.

Irrc I think i read somewhere that the B7 A4 doesnt have the locking beep, so it could be its a function thats been lost on the new version. confused.gif

Just done an RNS-E and BT telephone installation in an A3 8P, after which I coded the door lock above 15kph and alarm beep on locking. All worked perfectly. Although on the long coding helper it actually said "Adaptation of Horn Confirmation blocked" not locked and that was ticked, I unticked it and the alarm beeped on locking.

Craig

[ QUOTE ]

On the A3 8P

Select 46 (Comfort System)

Long Coding -> Function 07

Byte 06 Bit 7 Adaptation of Horn Confirmation locked

So toggling this bit should activate/deactivate the horn on lock

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tried recoding a brand new 06 A3 with horn honk, guess what, it didn't work. Maybe I did something wrong, but I used the same procdedure as yesterday, toggle off the Blocked bit and tested, no bleep.

Maybe it is a feature of the new A3 that it is fully disabled.

Craig

• 3 weeks later...

An update on this:

We unset Byte 06, Bit 7 and the horn didn't beep.

I looked at the next byte (05 or 07, I can't remember), and it had a couple of bits for horn on locking - one for remote and one for key locking. Set the 'remote' one and the horn started working. smile.gif Anyway, thanks for the original info, Craig, it helped us to get there.

[ QUOTE ]

Now time to research the power steering.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have looked at the information on OpenOBD and cannot see anything about 'tuning' the behaviour of the steering.

[ QUOTE ]

She should thank you in person ! shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I did think of suggesting this, but didn't wish to cause offence!

On all the Mk.5-based cars with computerized electronic steering assist there's an adaptation channel that specifies which of up to 15 different steering boost "maps" are used by the system. Unfortunately, the maps vary wildy between different cars and different control modules. Also which map is "optimal" is a very subjective thing. So there can be a bit of trial and error involved in tweaking this. But it's quite easy to revert it to stock, so no harm to it either.

-Uwe-

[ QUOTE ]

On all the Mk.5-based cars with computerized electronic steering assist there's an adaptation channel that specifies which of up to 15 different steering boost "maps" are used by the system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any clues as to which channel it would be on a 2005/2006 A3?