Driver's Seat 'Creaking'

Eng33

tdisteve - thanks for the reply. Do you have any more details, ie exactly where these rollers are located? Are they the ones on the two rear 'legs' of the seats, than run in the runners in the floor? Yes, my Passat has the Sports seats. Thanks.

hi again yes its the rollers on the two rear legs if you look at them you can see that you can`t replace them it costs £350.00 for a new seat base fitting at dealers rip off

if you can get them off you could possibly bush them . i just live with my clonking now if your cars in warranty they should replace it it`s a known fault

We had this creak/click on my sons '98 Passat TDi sport est 110. We removed the seat after establishing the noise came from the 'tubed' pivot on which the seat articulated when the height adjustment was used. The head of a lump hammer was placed on one side and the other end was given a clout with another hammer to tighten the 'pivot'. It has been OK since.

Whether this is your problem you will need to investigate. The noise is very annoying and well worth the effort to remedy. You will have to remove the seat for the above. Our car had done 105k when our creak appeared.