RS4 18" wheels - need a spare, or alternative idea

AvantSE

Just bought and fitted a set of 4 RS4 replica 18" alloys, which look absolutely brilliant on my A4 Avant B6-model.

Only thing is, I need another one to use as a spare, but had wondered what the real RS4 and TT use - do they carry spares of the wheel, steel space savers, or use a tyre repair kit?

If it is a tyre kit, what do they consist of, where can they be obtained from, and at what cost?

Just wanting to see if I can avoid the expense of another alloy and tyre, as I am not even sure if one would fit in the spare wheel well.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Chris

Unless its a new TT its irrelevant as they have different bolt patterns aka PCD.

Original RS4, had a electric pump and gunk tyre weld kit iirc.

my own S3, that come with OEM RSTT 18" 9 spokes has an 18" space saver wheel, but again, wrong bolt hole pattern for your A4.

What does the A4 range with 18" option come with? that might be your solution.

Hmm, wasn't aware that the bolt pattern PCD would've been different so thanks for pointing that out.

Must admit that I am not keep on the idea of using the gunk and compressor option but I don't particularly want to stretch to a new alloy and tyre.

Does anyone have any idea if any of the A4s came with e.g. a steel spare that I could maybe source from a breakers? Not bothered if it's not an alloy spare as punctures aren't that common, even with the type of roads I go on - my last company car, an Astra, didn't sustain any punctures in the 102K I had it for.

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently bought a new s-line A4 with the 18" 5 spoke alloys as standard.

The spare wheel is a 15" steel rim with a 195/65/R15 tyre fitted. Apparently the overall diameter is the same.

Try EBAY, i have seen 3 different s-line alloys for sale, for 30 quid each.