[Audi A3/S3] Best Polish for Ebony Black

EbonyA3

[ QUOTE ]

Swissol- if you have money to burn

[/ QUOTE ]

rubbish.

It saves me money.

Cost to me, in 2003 for a pot of Onyx wax was £40.

Now <font color="black"> 3 Years later </font> I can just see the bottom of the pot, and probably still have 6 months + left.

And thats not just used on my S3, also two other cars in that time, but less frequently.

I call that value for money.

I would have spent far far more on 3 years worth of AG Super Sesin Polish/Extra gloss Protection or Meguiars Gold class which ive bought in the past. We used to go through bottles of the stuff.

I will definietly be replacing it, probably with the Saphir at £60 a pot, or if im feeling flush, best of show which is pushing the boat out at £120 (This you may call money to burn, and id probably agree! but it will still last 3+ years.)

The only other swissol product i have invested in was the clay bar, which is bigger than any other claybar ive seen on the market, cheaper, and more user friendly than the Megs one i threw in the bin.

you dont have to buy into the whole Swissol regime.

I own Onyx wax, and a clay bar. Thats it.

[ QUOTE ]

I have always used Autoglym in the past. It's easy to apply and to buff off and gives pleasing results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to agree with you and swore by AG stuff.

I soon got tired of the dust and stains on plastic/rubber trims.

With the Swissol, it goes on everything, plastic and rubber trims, and comes off without stain, and without dust.

Hi Windfall.

I buy mine through my Valeter, he has a arrangement for his customers. Not that i have to buy much!

you can purchase direct...

http://www.swissol.co.uk/products/wax-products.asp

or some people recommended

http://www.torquesteer.co.uk/category-102.html so check between the two.

I havent needed to use either of these suppliers yet, though swissol direct, is who supplies my valeter.

I currently use Onyx, and will probably get the next one better saphir, or better again best of show next.

You can by the cleaner fluid prep for before you wax, but i have never got round to ordering/needing it.

Valeter does that stage, when i get him in once a year.

From what i remember if you do decide to get some, the bigger bottle is better value for money.

you wont be dissappointed.

Just remember "sparingly" you dont need much at all. ive seen 2 applications of pad to pot do a whole S3, though i prefer to load the pad less and reload a few more times, It goes a LONG way.

it took me a little while to perfect it, but its a doddle now.

Anybody used Liquid Hardwax from Autoglym?

Not too sure if it is trade only, or if you can buy it off the shelf.

It is designed for use on vehicles coming onto a forecourt...it is really easy to put on and acts like rain x (the stuff you put on your windows). Been using it for the last 6 months and it seems to work great....

Quick question though...best stuff to get the swirls out on a dolphin grey S3?

Did anyone see the episode of either top gear or fifth gear where the guy was a pro valeter and has some wax in a case worth like 4 grand or something. He put it in his hands to warm it up, then applied with his palms....sparingly.

He had all sorts he was using though. Mind you, at 10 grand for a valet, its a bit out of my budget.

He is even on call 24/7 for his customers that get bird crap on their motors when they were out and about. Now that is flash.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have always used Autoglym in the past. It's easy to apply and to buff off and gives pleasing results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to agree with you and swore by AG stuff.

I soon got tired of the dust and stains on plastic/rubber trims.

With the Swissol, it goes on everything, plastic and rubber trims, and comes off without stain, and without dust.

[/ QUOTE ]

currently in the same situation,just one thing Paul what other products are needed apart from the onyx i don,t want to purchase to much initialy any advice would be much appreciated.

well i have only ever used the wax its self, but i do get it prep'd valeted once a year.

im not entirely convinced you need to bother with the cleaner fluid stage, i just use the wax.

all you would need to follow the instrutions to the letter is

cleaner fluid

your choice of wax

applicated pad

and what every you chose to buff it off with. i use a 100% cotton terry towel.

what puts people off swissol is the starter kits at £££ which IMHO are not required.