interesting but annoying all the same...

skifly

in the last few weeks things have not been too good with current G/f as it seems she is suddenly not happy over here and is considering heading home. No amount of support seems to help so its all going down the plug fairly rapidly - which i would have been v. cut up about a few weeks ago but now i have just had enough of the stubborn childishness of it all.

But onto the annoying bit... there is a girl i am working with at the moment who is absolutely amazing, as a person and in other ways... but i am like a startled rabbit and am not even sure how to make a move. I think she had a bad breakup recently but she did do the "think i will be single forever" routine the other day. Get on really well with her but work with her too and think she would be worried about it.

I can stay in hotel in maidstone where we are working if necessary so any ideas anyone? Thinking some pub thats a little more cosy than most (big sofas etc in maidstone) where we can get a bit closer than across a dinner table etc...? Any ideas where to take her or how to get past my inability to make any sort of move or put the cards on the table for her to consider. She is v. intelligent too and sort of makes me nervous in a way.

Ho hum!

Get your foot in the door with her (to put it bluntly), but make sure you get shot of your current woman and get your head straight first. Last thing you need if you are starting a new relationship is your current g/friend giving you grief.

Hard call to make matey, but I'd finish the relationship with your current gf tbh. The last thing you want is to get in with this new girl and she realises you've been double dating, bye bye nutsack frown.gif

Remember that if she likes you then she'll be as nervous as you! So take her out to that nice pub and have a good evening. A meal may be too much imho, that's like asking a girl back to yours for "coffee" wink.gif

At the end of the evening take her home and that's it. Obviously if she makes a move for you then bingo, but if not then play it cool and say that you had a really nice evening and perhaps you could go for a meal next time...

Build it up slowly, if she's an intelligent girlie she may be getting fed up of the typical bloke approach of a glass of Chablis and then in for a grope smile.gif

well the fun is we are working together and staying in a hotel together (when i dont commute) which also means we head out for dinner together when i stay down there... thats just the way it is with the job so its easy to dismiss it. Would be really dodgy to suggest comung back to my room at the hotel so really stuck.

BUT... i just cant decide if she does like me like that is is just a really nice girl... so how can i put the cards out there without being too obvious.

With this girl i have lost all bottle as she is that nice! I feel like a 12 year old beez...!

Anyone know any pubs with funky sofas etc to get all cosy on in maidstone for when i stay next week??

She wants me to stay down there as i think she is a bit lonely / bored on her own. There is only so much room service you can handle!

My neck of the woods.. kinda wink.gif

Plenty of Hotels around Maidstone, anything from a Travel Inn to a Marriot, just depends on how much you wish to spend. Personally I've stayed at the hilton a couple of time, just outside of town, great little place not majorly expensive. There is also a Village Leisure hotel, near the J6 of the M20 (Bottom of Blue Bell Hill) know people that have stayed there, nice restaurant and the pool is huge!

As for bars there's loads, but like most towns not all are that cosy. I can't think of any thay have sofas, but not been there for a few months. I can recommend the Malta Inn however, right near the Village hotel/M20, got a nice outside and it's along the river so you can go for a walk, but does get rammed in the summer.

How long you there for? we could arange an impromtu meet beerchug.gif

G

Internet etiquette rule 267: Do not under any circumstances post details of a future conquest, whilst still under an arrangement with a lady, on any internet site. If the current receiver of goods reads it things will get messy.

oh - let me clarify. The staying in a hotel together is different rooms. We are in the hilton. Always up for a sneaky beer hopsta - just dont try no funny business. Doubt you are my type unless you are doing a mccombie and are a hot swedish blonde... wink.gif

will take a look at the malta inn...

Oh DHA - cheers for the concern but it would only probably serve a purpose right now. Dont know how but am very bored of the situation with current. Plus not much i can do if she bu66ers off half way round the world.

[ QUOTE ]

oh - let me clarify. The staying in a hotel together is different rooms. We are in the hilton. Always up for a sneaky beer hopsta - just dont try no funny business. Doubt you are my type unless you are doing a mccombie and are a hot swedish blonde... wink.gif

will take a look at the malta inn...

Oh DHA - cheers for the concern but it would only probably serve a purpose right now. Dont know how but am very bored of the situation with current. Plus not much i can do if she bu66ers off half way round the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realise I was a hot Sweidish blonde UHOH7.GIF