Morego

stevie_d

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Morego? I'm possibly looking at their 250 conversion for my Golf and like the idea of £150 p.a. warranty cover that they also give.

Evo appear to like the end product, but has anyone had any experience of the company?

Cheers 169144-ok.gif

Hi Stevie,

I too was impressed with review in EVo and I am currently considering amongst others getting a Mkv Gti then having it upgraded to Morego 250 (after ensuring engine is run in ) I spoke to Niel @ Morego who seemed helpfull and knowledgable.

Only concern's were:

(1) He said that the remapp could not be picked up by VW, which after reading previous TSN posts on the subject I am not sure this is correct

(2) The handling conversion may cause uneven tread wear on front tyres due to the negative camber adjustment & my likely use of the car ie. serious motorway miles aprox 20k per anumm. This may not be such a concern to you.

But he did seem genuine, helpful and they are still running their Gti Demonstrator. It may be available for a Test Drive if you enquire.

Hope this helps

Hey cheers to both;

LB> The question as to whether the remap can be picked up by VW is a dodgey one. Apparently they can see that the ECU has been writen to, but apparently it's difficult to tell what has been done, i.e. you could say that another dealer turned auto-lock off or something. However, a test drive would obviously reveal that the car is not per VW spec wink.gif

However, most dealers won't look for the remap and apparently not all of them have the original settings to hand, so they can't compare the ECU settings to what it should be. As I said in the GTI forum, most dealers would rather keep quiet and just put the warranty work through, however it's obviously a risk you have to take.

I probably wouldn't take the suspension/handling package tbh, just because I don't feel I need it at present and that would be another £500 which could be spend on fuel 169144-ok.gif

I am considering this as well. Spoke to morego just now and they do not plan to get rid of their Gti in the foreseeable future. I asked about a test drive and its not a problem, so with this in mind, I will be going for a demo once I get back from my Jollies the first week in June. I will let you know my thoughts. the_finger.gif

I am considering this conversion for the A3 quattro I have ordered.

I dont want to sound like a dullard !!!!!!!! but is the Morego coversion a reflash through the diagnostic port or an actual replacement chip in the ecu itself ?

Are there any one click conversions available for this engine ?

[ QUOTE ]

I am considering this as well. Spoke to morego just now and they do not plan to get rid of their Gti in the foreseeable future. I asked about a test drive and its not a problem, so with this in mind, I will be going for a demo once I get back from my Jollies the first week in June. I will let you know my thoughts. the_finger.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Would be interested in your views on thier demo !!! In the meantime have a good holiday 169144-ok.gif