Hire car for insurance?

pingpongpo

Just got my renewal through the post and it has the usual breakdown of costs, one of which is hire car charge.

Now, last year, I thought this was they didn't give me a car if mine was in for repair, but re-reading my documents it seems they do so what the hell is this for?

I'm going through Admiral fully comp if it helps with personal accident cover (Which I assume is legal protection.

My car is in A1 condition '52reg Golf tdi130 with 44K on the clock.

My cost breakdown so people can say if its reasonable is -

Car insurance premium £266

Tax £13.30

Windscreen cover £Free

Personal accident cover £20.95

Breakdown cover £Not taken

Hire car cover £28.95

NSN cover (WHAT IS THIS?) £Not taken

Total due £329.20

Does your policy wording state that you'll get a hire car (if this option has been taken) or words to that effect?

Either that, or some insurers will give you a basic 1.0 POS whilst your car is in for insurance work, but if you pay a small premium when you take out the insurance they will give you a 1.6 POS instead wink.gif

Not sure if yours is the same as mine with Direct Line and guarunteed hire car cover.

When some dick drove into the back of my 2 week old A4 Cab i called Direct Line to have the car collected for repair and asked them when i would get a hire car. They said it would take a few days and the body shop needed to look at my car first.

I now pay an additional £20 per year for "Hire car" cover which means if i have an accident i get a car within hours, not days.

Jon.