Cylinder Misfire

R4V_S3

Guys,

So i have had my S3 for just under a month.. and i have encountered my 1st problem.

I was driving at 50 in 6th gear.. put my foot down a little to about 55 and the car juddered.. then when i approached the lights and changed gears it was all slow and more jerky than beef!

Now when i start the car the engine moves around a lot and is misfiring. VAG-com'd it and it tells me there is a cylinder 2 misfire! Checked the plugs and they look ok.. so what can i do? what can it be??

My dad is going to get me a new set of plugs tomorrow, but IF that doesn't sort it, what else could be causing this???

I have an extended warrenty, so if it is something more serious than plugs i shall be dropping it at Audi or fontain..

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you

PS Also posted in S3 section as i didn't know where i would get most response.. appologies if this is the wrong approach

I just posted in the A/S3 forum but yeah, I'm 90% sure it's his coilpack. That's exactly how mine died. Going down the autobahn, cars in front cleared, I downshifted, (into 4th fekr.gif) and gunned it... only I didn't go too far yelrotflmao.gif Oh, I didn't mention in the other thread that individually they're not THAT expensive, I want to say around €20 each but don't quote me on it smashfreakB.gif

jump.gif

if they are the same as the coils that keep failing on the Renaults they will be about £45 each!

if you ever get a misfire & don't have access to diagnostic equipment you cant test these ignitions by disconnecting the coils you need to pop the plug off the injector on each individual cylinder to find the one that isn't working 169144-ok.gif

• 3 months later...