My Golf is poorly

Bounce

Good morning to all,

I have just crawled home off the M4 with my poor golf, when accelerating I got a serious judder at 60mph , so i crawled off the motorway, i can also hear a noise like a thud thud thud grin.gif i have the RAC coming but i imagine they will be as much use as a chocolate teapot! Its been abit shakey on idel not sure if this maybe relevant

Its done 80k with full VWSH its a GT TDI 150

Any idea's while i'm waiting for the RAC to show??

Thanks in advance 169144-ok.gif

Well i was wrong about the RAC the chap was very helpful even though he couldn't fix it, he has said i shouldn't drive it, he thinks its the EGR valve, i'm not sure i have that right but it was something like that grin.gif he said when he held the valve open or closed (i can't remember which) smashfreakB.gif it stopped making so much noise.

its booked in at a independent they said it will be a fix it and see, but thinks the part is about £160 plus labour and they can't do it untill next Wednesday! ROLLEY~14.GIFSAUER0421.GIF

does it sound like the right sort of cost if it ends up being this valve thingy? 169144-ok.gif

Well you could look at it like, this £160 and some labour charges is a small price to pay compared to not being abe to drive your car, and if you did it would knacker it even more.

Just call another VW garage and ask how much the valve is and how much to fit it? See if the figures a similar !!

Yes it is a small price to pay i'm not grumbling about that, in fact i think if that's all it is i would of got off lightly, i was just hoping someone with knowledge would of been able to sound yes it does sound like that, or maybe someone would had this problem would know on the costs 169144-ok.gif

Thanks for your reply 169144-ok.gif

£160 was his guess so i will make a couple of calls to check that.

The RAC bloke said not to drive it, i really wouldn't want to anyway it sounds like a tank but he said i would be ok to drive it carefully to the garage which is about 6 miles away,

assuming it is the EGR thingy is it really ok to drive to the garage it really doesn't feel or sound to clever confused.gif