Bracket in boot?

stevie_d

I just popped into VW and tried to get a warning triangle/first aid kit for my car. I guessed that the bracket and strap on the lhs in the MKV boot was to hold these items. I guessed wrong and VW don't appear to know what they're for confused.gif

Does anyone have any idea?

[ QUOTE ]

I got the warning triangle 169144-ok.gif

and have put in a first aid kit since grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah, why do I always get the worst deal ever frown.gif

I assume your warning triangle looks like the one in the picture? Do you need to force it in? Because I looked at the one in the dealers and thought it wouldn't fit...

Don't worry you're not the only one, I got neither. But I did take mine out of my old MkIV that I was trading in. It doesn't hold them in that brilliant, maybe because the triangle case is so big! I went into Halfords to get a smaller one but they're all the same!

Mine have ended up spread around the boot after some, erm, enthusiastic driving UHOH7.GIF

Warning triangle - I have used one when first at a crash scene - a motorcyclist was splatted on the floor having hit a parked car - it made oncoming traffic aware there was an issue before emergency services arrived - it doesn't have to be your car that's broken down 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I got the warning triangle 169144-ok.gif

and have put in a first aid kit since grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah, why do I always get the worst deal ever frown.gif

I assume your warning triangle looks like the one in the picture? Do you need to force it in? Because I looked at the one in the dealers and thought it wouldn't fit...

[/ QUOTE ]

stevie,

They seem to have recently done away with the rubber strap fastening & introduced a 'clamping' plastic bracket for the triangle & now a nylon buckle strap.

My dealer could not get any boxed VW triangles to fit the new bracket including from other models. Halfords one didn't fit either.They were either too long or would not fit in the new bracket.

I think the side moulding is slightly redesigned as well.

Dealer said he was sure VW UK would bring one out soon ! ( presumably its classed as an accessory in the UK & perhaps sourced differently )

[ QUOTE ]

stevie,

They seem to have recently done away with the rubber strap fastening & introduced a 'clamping' plastic bracket for the triangle & now a nylon buckle strap.

My dealer could not get any boxed VW triangles to fit the new bracket including from other models. Halfords one didn't fit either.They were either too long or would not fit in the new bracket.

I think the side moulding is slightly redesigned as well.

Dealer said he was sure VW UK would bring one out soon ! ( presumably its classed as an accessory in the UK & perhaps sourced differently )

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers mate 169144-ok.gif

I didn't want to admit it on here for risk of mockery, but we tried to get the VW one to fit and it wouldn't! However, on the VW they list a complete kit with triangle, first aid kit and day-glo vest.

I've got a triangle, but it weighs the cargo holder down frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Remeber guys that in Germany its law to have a first aid kit and triangle in every car. Its not on the UK so we don't get it.

Mine were from a German dealer and are the ones that Europe get as standard!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point! No doubt if it were law here then VW would put the price up by about £1,000 to cover the costs frown.gif