[Audi A3/S3] Armrest Stuck

ZimZimmer

Don't really think that's where the problem lies, but thanks. Have tried to find some other strings on the subject but there is only 1 out there. Think its probably knackered, but am sure other people must have had similar problem. I think when depressing the button to release the armrest catch, whichever wire it pulls to release it just isn't pullng hard enough...

Does anyone know how to take the damn thing off so I can take it apart?? I thng you probably start by removing the ashtray from there there is a blot that requires an allen key, have removed that to find that it releases a cash but the armrest remains firmly in place...help!! Also am thinking I need more power!!! Anyone used MTM to chip, any downside??

Mine broke as well got it replaced under warrenty.

Looking at the receipt I got they used part no W8L0 864 207 AM 6 Armrest, the part was £115 plus vat and they charged 15mins fitting. Due to the cost I cant see they would of replaced the whole unit as I read somewhere the cost of that was £350 or something.

May be they replaced more of mine then strickly required as warrenty work hence more expensive. When I picked it up I checked the leather on the arm rest itself to see if it was new but it wasnt, it was the same one, so looks like on mechanisum was replaced.

They defo fitted the part I listed above though, mine was a 2002 facelift model dont know if that makes any diffrence

Everyone says go for it and get it remapped but I'm too scared that it's going to fook it up as it makes everything under the bonnet work harder and hotter. Touch wood, as standard my S3 has been very reliable. I've never driven or been in a remapped S3 so I don't know what I'm missing. I daren't go in one because with 270 horses I know I'll want one!

The fact that it will most probably put more pressure on everything else probably means you're gotta spend more cash upgrading numerous bits under the bonnett is holding me back, but we know there is a least another 50horses to be had for very little initial spend...hmmm

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks all, will see if I can see these scrwews on the inside of the armrest tomorrow, then put a call into the dealer for the part(s).

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are these screws then? I had a good look and feel around today and i cant spot them confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Look again they are there small screws four of them dificult to see in the fibre right enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the screws in each corner or do they run down the sides?

Sorry to keep asking but they have done a fantastic job in hiding them frown.gif