[Audi A3/S3] Worn Tyres...

Johnski

Just checked my tyres earlier for wear...

On the outside of the passenger wheel there is a wear line of about 1 inch around the outer circumference....

Anyone any idea why this is?...could the alignment be off...I posted a general question about alignment before but is the wear on the tyre a confirmation of this??

Also on a related issue of wheels.....I enquired about RS007 wheels recently with rochford tyres....apparently they dont stock them anymore and they arent in production...

If anyone knows of any forsale or anywhere i can get them please let me know asap...

169144-ok.gif

beerchug.gif

I had the inside 1 inch of my front tyres wear badly - they were bald at 10k miles whereas the rest of tyre was still good, Audi dealer told me it is 'normal' 'Quattro Scrub' he called it, personally I think it's a load of crap.

7k miles further on after new tyres and a 4 wheel alignment the tyres have worn evenly so I know they were talking crap.

It's a shame that they did this as I have had otherwise good service from them.

I have kept the old tyres and intend to approach them to request some sort of warranty as my tyre wore out on a new car due to front wheels being badly aligned.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

the inside inch of my fronts wore out at 10k on my 3.2 as well - I was told the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they do 'all do it' but I'm not convinced, they did the 4 wheel alignment for me and I've now done 7k on the new (same brand) tyres with no signs of wear like before (yet), I wonder how well the alignment is set at the factory and if it's a problem than maybe the dealers ought to do a 4 wheel alignment check before selling the car?

If my tyres get past 10k without this "Quattro Scrub" then I shall be having words with the dealer. If however that sort of wear is 'normal' then there is something fundamentally wrong with the design of the Car IMHO

beerchug.gif

I've had the "Quattro Scrub" cr@p from the dealer too and it's all b*llocks to be honest!

3K into my new tyres and the inside edges of the fronts were wearing quickly.

One 4WD alignment check and 10K later = perfectly even wear...

...apart from the outside edge of the left front...

...I live close to a very nice roundabout... sekret.gif