need more MPG

razna

[ QUOTE ]

... i fill the tank up and get about 340miles from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can get that from my RS6! Mind you, it does have a bigger tank.

[ QUOTE ]

is there something i could do to get more milage

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't suppose suggesting a bigger tank (from the V8 models) would help? I'm not sure whether the tank would be interchangable.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2.5tdi V6 is not a praticularly good engine in any respect really.

It is not very powerful, even the 180bhp versionis not fantastic for 2.5. The 1.9 give up to 150bhp as it comes from VAG and can go up to 200 with a few mods.

There is probably nothing actually wrong with yours, it is just how they are.

You could get the valve timing checked very acurately, this could make a difference if it is not spot on. Maybe if you are due for a new timing belt, get it fitted by someone who knows how to set the timing correctly rather than just fit the new belt in the same position the old one is in, if you see what I mean.

• 5 weeks later...

Don't me too mean to the engine ... I regularly get 40mpg from mine, and during the summer that goes up by a good 5mpg (anyone tell me *why* its more fuel efficient in warmer weather?). Though 90% of my driving is on motorways and dual carriageways at constant speeds c80mph - which is why the consumption is so good :-)

[ QUOTE ]

Don't me too mean to the engine ... I regularly get 40mpg from mine, and during the summer that goes up by a good 5mpg (anyone tell me *why* its more fuel efficient in warmer weather?). Though 90% of my driving is on motorways and dual carriageways at constant speeds c80mph - which is why the consumption is so good :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ambient temperature is more and engine takes less time to warm up perhaps?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on drugs??

the 2.5 TDI V6 is an awesome engine, far more refined than a 4 pot TDI and anyone who owns one will agree.

and they easily out pace the following

A6 2.7t

100 2.8q

A6 2.8q

Golf GTDI PD130 - even with a tuning box

Golf Oettinger 2.0 16v

[ QUOTE ]

It is not very powerful, even the 180bhp versionis not fantastic for 2.5. The 1.9 give up to 150bhp as it comes from VAG and can go up to 200 with a few mods.

There is probably nothing actually wrong with yours, it is just how they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sugest you get An A4 2.5TDI and give it a good spin then come back and try and say that. I get over 40MPG out of mine in a mixture of dual/single carriage way driving and have shown many a car a clean pair of heels when they wernt expecting it