[Audi A3/S3] Launch Contol on A3 DSG

terrymcg

Guys,

Quick query about the launch control function. I know in the manual it tells you how to do it. And I have got it to work a few times. But do you find sometimes when you do it the car just fights against the brake and other times it works fine and just shoots the revs up to 3k and sits there nicely till you lift the break off?

Terry

I find it works fine if you hold the brake down hard, if you're not holding it hard/far enough then it will sometimes not rev but try to drive. I would imagine that there is some sort of sensor/switch that is only activated when a certain amount of brake pedal travel/pressure is applied (assuming you're in S or Manual and with ESP off - of course)

beerchug.gif

Yes Launch control is only available with DSG.

It works in the following way.

At standstill, you take off ESP, put the car in Sport, put your left foot on the brake, put your right foot on the gas the revs should level out at about 3000 and when you are ready to go take your foot off the brake...

The car should then launch itself forward at the optimum speed, driver skill not really needed!

[ QUOTE ]

Yes foot down hard on the brake.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the trick, works every time in mine (not that I use it often) but need to depress the brake pedal hard then dump it - no finesse required the clutch takeup is not dependent on how you release it. beerchug.gif

• 4 years later...