Help buying TDI bora info needed

Tomk

hi all right - we have found what seems to be a very tidy TDI sport (150) 53 plate with 45k on it, one owner from new and just 3 years old, whats the servicing etc on the 1.9's ? as we dont want any large bills cropping up, also at £8500 is it good value ? what should i look out for when i drive ? also spec etc ? hope you can help as im rubbish buying cars lol yelrotflmao.gif

• 1 month later...

I got a 52 plate bora sport TDI 130 for 10K about a year ago, mind you it only had 22K on the clock. So doesn't seem bad value to me. If on the normal service schedule it should have ahd a big service (i.e. costly..£300) at 40K (so check it has!!) it should also have cambelt replaced (£300) after either 60K or 4 years.

On the plus side i have loved every last minute of mine and the one your looking at has 20 more horses!

Check glass's or parkers guide - they have approximate prices. I do think that you should look at 130TDi's too - they're generally regarded as the best diesel engine available on the golf MkIV. Less turbo lag and momre smooth thatn the 150, also more traction, especially off the line compared to the 150. Worth a look anyway!

That may be with the 130, but the 150 just kicks ass! I've had mine for a week and it's the best all-round car I have ever driven. I don't know about the Bora but the Golf GTTDi has sports suspension and the car feels so sorted. Plus I can cruise at over 80 and still average 50mpg.

I wasn't looking forward to the 60K service but go to an indie service place, like Awesome and they'll do it for a fraction of the price.