help buying a car

Tomk

right looking at what looks like a good car tomoro, 53 plate 1.9 150 TDI sport Bora , 45k miles and its £8500 seems standard but tidy one owner from new , what reciept / deposit do people suggets ? they are just so rare done want to lose it

Private sale I assume if you're looking on a Sunday.

A £100 deposit should be enough! No more than that on a private sale and make sure you get a reciept for the deposit too. Get them to write on the reciept that they agree to take the car off the market as a condition of your purchase and that you will pick the car up no later than X days after putting the deposit down.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Private sale I assume if you're looking on a Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought the MR2 from a main dealer on a Sunday!

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't realise dealers were open Sundays! I've worked every Sunday for the past five years or so, and the only Sundays I have ever taken off are either when I'm abroad or ill!

for fecks sake MAKE SURE that finance is cleared, because if you sign anything to say it's yours, you are liable for it......

You will be able to call the finance company when you collect it to double ceck, or she might even have a leter with the account number / vehicle rego etc. on it to say the funds have been cleared on the account.

Apart from that, all will be ok 169144-ok.gif

Nice motor - enjoy it!! cool.gif

well what ive been suggested by a friend is to call them myself - get the final figure and write a cheque from me then - go to the post office with the owner and post that cheque off to clear the finance - then pay her the balance of the car,

[ QUOTE ]

well what ive been suggested by a friend is to call them myself - get the final figure and write a cheque from me then - go to the post office with the owner and post that cheque off to clear the finance - then pay her the balance of the car,

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd get in cleared. Cheques go missing in the mail. 169144-ok.gif

He could clear it on the phone with a debit payment.