Why do they try?

davidhodgkinson

I don't know what it is, but last night I got the typical boy racer trying to race me confused.gif

I was driving through bradford late last night when up beside me drives a Astra van with a large bean can exhaust.

His passenger looks my way and the he floors it jump.gif or trys.

After looking at all the smoke coming from his exhaust, I don;t know what came over me, but I just followed suit (but did'nt overtake).

At the next traffic lights I decided enough was enough.

I matched his acceleration from the lights, waved a finger at his passenger, then just acclerated away from him.

Why did I even raise to the bait?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Earlier today I had a guy in a Mazda 626 (the old model) in burgundy pull alongside me at lights.

He revved his engine and sped off, with his passenger looking back at my car.

I then got to the next junction (or roundabout as it was) - and burst out laughing. Very visibly. Right next to him.

I find it works a treat.

Had something similar yesterday with a guy in one of those new Focus ST things. I came off a slip road having had this guy too close for comfort. At about 75ish, he ripped past me in 3rd gear...I thought the Focus was going to come apart, god it sounded rough. So, he decided to shoot off at a silly speed and I watched him get about 500yds or so up the road.

It was a different story having the V8 up ya arse though wasnt it mate, specially where you had no where to go. Guy wonderd what the hell was going on. Funny what panic mode does to some people. Thanx for letting me by though, but it was a bit daft trying to catch me up, clearly the Focus isnt built for handling corners at speed....thought you were toast on more than one occassion.

Oh and those white stripes.......fecking hell!!! A Fekkus ST, driven by a 45ish yr old bloke wearing a Simpsons tie with a blue shirt....and Ben style haircut?? Bloody heck! jerkit.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what it is, but last night I got the typical boy racer trying to race me confused.gif

I was driving through bradford late last night when up beside me drives a Astra van with a large bean can exhaust.

His passenger looks my way and the he floors it jump.gif or trys.

After looking at all the smoke coming from his exhaust, I don;t know what came over me, but I just followed suit (but did'nt overtake).

At the next traffic lights I decided enough was enough.

I matched his acceleration from the lights, waved a finger at his passenger, then just acclerated away from him.

Why did I even raise to the bait?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly how you feel. I would be out for a nice tottle in my evo (usually attempting to locate an optimax outlet) when some muppet in an M3 , S4 or whatever would come along and just have to try and prove that their german barge was slower than my car.

Why its so sad jump.gif

P.S If your the idiot with the black RS6 who lives in the Northampton area thanks for the fun never had so much watching your wobbly tanker dissappear in my rear view so many times. You never learnt did you buttcheeks.gif

There is a Modified 8 here that gives me a serious run for the money, not sure exactly how modded it is though as I know absolutely feck all about EVOs, they have never intersted me. But owner is good fun and always acknowledges me on the road.

[ QUOTE ]

Modified 6 - how modified. BHP/Torque?

No I don't own the RS6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Various power outputs upto about 385 bhp and 370 lbft for a while ( nearly one year ) but the fuel and clutch consumption was absolutley ridiculous so I ended up demoting the thing to 350bhp . At 350 bhp the Evo and RS6 are quite evenly matched in straight line terms to 100mph but throw in a bend or the need to brake .

Can I ask how you got a standard 6 up to 385bhp, or 350bhp for that matter?

It's taken them until the latest models to get the 400, or even the FQ 340 anything like roadworthy and driveable.

I'm just intrigued to know what modifications you made to the 6 to get it producing 350bhp minimum?

Another reason I ask is that I know even Ralliart's Limited Edition RS Sprint version of the Evo VI only put out 330bhp.

Blitz Nur Spec , decat , Downpipe, Blitz Induction, Uprated Fuel Pump, Apexi Boost Controller , ARP rod bolts, Sard fuel regulator, HKS Cams , Uprated dump Valve, Ball Bearing turbo and ecutek gave 385 - 400 bhp

Modified evos have been making around the 400 bhp fairly for years with standard internals, 900 bhp is where its at these days

350bhp is as simple as an exhaust boost controller air filter and ecutek the standard cars now make 345 bhp and have done so for quite a few years now , With no real change to the engine since the Evo 6 variant bar the addition of Mivec on the last variant Evo 9

The Owen development MR400 you refer to was very poorly mapped hence the huge lag and not really a driveable conversion as a result of.