Looking to buy 1.8t Cabriolet

brian1979

Hi guys and gals. Newbie here and im just about to buy a 1.8t Cabriolet and found one I like. Something I never noticed is that there is a 1.8t and a 1.8t sport (i know there is an s-line version, but this is outwith my budget).

The one ive seen is a 1.8t with very low miles, full leather etc. Would i regret buying this over the 1.8t sport and can anyone tell me what the difference is?

Many thanks

Brian

Not sure if the engine is different in the sport, but mine (non cab) is a 1.8t Sport Quattro and has the 163bhp engine and a different firmer suspension setup, it handles well but does crash over bumps a bit (nothing major but certainly stiffer than the non sport). Have a look at parkers guide (www.parkers.co.uk) and there are some performance specs on there.

Welcome to TSN mate 169144-ok.gif

The power output is the same 163bhp but the Sport model does get sports seats with lumbar adjustment, sports suspension, 3 spoke steering wheel, different gearknob and the chances are 17" star alloys. My old A4 didn't have Sport pack but I changed most of these things anyway so it didn't bother me, if you're going to leave the car standard though I'd suggest buying a Sport