New R32 - what to look for?

THR32

Afternoon all,

I'm hoping to be taking delivery of an imported Mk5 R32 in the next couple of months. After lurking here for a few weeks, I've got a couple of questions to help me check the spec when I collect the car... after which it's kind of a bit late!

<ul type="square"> [*]When is the switchover to MY07 for the R32? I seem to remember reading on the GTI forum that their change is in week 22. Do we know when the same thing will happen for the R?

[*]Does anyone know yet what changes (if any) will be made to the R32 spec for '07?

[*]Are there any key things I should check to make sure that my car is UK spec when it arrives? I guess the spacesaver wheel is the main one, but are there any others? What's the conclusion about ashtray covers and what they should be made of?!

Many thanks guys - have learnt loads from the forum already!

TH

Seriously I don't think there is much in the way of spec which is different in the UK. As you say Euro spec cars don't come with the spare spacesaver as standard.

There are a number of options you can get in Europe which we don't get though which include Ipod/USB prep, Garage opening, DVD Nav with amp sound package, Winter 17 inch wheels amongst others.

Is the car working out much cheaper?

[ QUOTE ]

is it possible to find out the country of origin ? that may help identify the spec.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the replies so far. It's coming from Germany, and I'm hoping to save about 10%. I've taken a look at the UK vs German spec sheets and am sure the whole thing will be genuine UK spec, but was wondering if anyone had had any problems with spec-matching on similar cars, so I'd know what to be on the look-out for.

TH