R8 Le Mans - what do people know?

Merlot

No SP, but to add to the speculation, I think it will arrive late Summer '07, in 4.2 V8 (RS 4 engine) guise first, then there might be a V10 early '08 based on the S8/S6 engine pushed back up to nearer 500 PS, but it won't break the 500 horses mark until the Gallardo gets a midlife kicker closer to 550.

But that could all be crap. grin.gif

I would hope it would weigh slightly less than the RS 4 saloon, it isn't going to be small for being a 2-seater, I'd expect it to be noticably bigger than even the new TT.

I heard some figures that would put the 4.2 V8 from about £60 to £65k if I remember rightly, but bear in mind that might be a base price, so a reasonable spec might come to more than that. Audi will want to undercut Porsche and MB & BMW in the 'big engine 2-seater' market to gain share, I'd say. Around £80k might be a reasonable starting price point for a ~450-500 hp 2-seater with AWD if they want to compete with the established brands at that level.

I don't see why it wouldn't have a manual gearbox, at least in the V8 (the engine/cluctch/gearbox combo is already proven for the RS 4), but who knows with the V10 when it arrives; Tip or DSG?