MY Test Drive in the Q7 LHD SE

Golfer

Hi Guys I had my first drive in the Cobalt blue Q7 3.0 TDI left hand drive today.

First impressions are good, It does have some torque for a 3.0 tdi, it goes quite well, does not feel as heavy as it is. Very manuverable easy to handle,sports seats hold you in comfortably.Nice 20" wheels, I like the rear veiw camera and will have one on the 4.2A8 TDI I am getting.

169144-ok.gif

Also after week 22 some upgrades are coming to the A8.

Mainly 5" centre screen for the MMI display between the speedo/rev counter. Digital speed read out on the same screen, over veiw and improved map content the_finger.gif( SAT NAV)with TMC, upgraded DAB system, not sure if 60/40 split quatro is going on though.

Agree re the Q7 - it handles and goes well for 2.5 tonnes. Trouble is the 3.0 diesel is unbelievably noisy and - with all 'slow' auto cars - the box hunts around all the time and is thus uncomfortable to drive fast. At least BMW offer a manual box on the diesel X5 (mind you its residuals are crap vs the auto).

You won't have that problem with the 4.2 - loads of torque.

I'm tempted by a deep discount 4.2 diesel A8. Like yourself I can get one for c£50k. What do you think it will be worth in the trade at years 1, 2, & 3?

year 1/ 41.5K

year 2/ 34K

year 3/ 30K

PX value is more

I landed my 4.2TDI for 51.4K with 5K extras on it, got it with the 60K service package included.

Was very pleased it's not going to be ordered until 2nd week august, and I still have a fixing price on the 3.0TDI I am PXing in september for it, so a good deal me thinks. 169144-ok.gif

I'd probably be a couple of grand offside in each year but even then a drop of under £8k pa over three years is very impressive for such a car.

I always prefer to look at price to change as trade for the old car and a discounted price for the new one. That way I find is easier to shop around to sell mine for a better price.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd probably be a couple of grand offside in each year but even then a drop of under £8k pa over three years is very impressive for such a car.

I always prefer to look at price to change as trade for the old car and a discounted price for the new one. That way I find is easier to shop around to sell mine for a better price.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only lost 6.5K on the 3.0TDI over 13 months ownership and 13K miles. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

That's excellent but the 3.0Tdi is the one to have for residuals. I'd really like a deep discounted S8 but can't find anyone yet to do me one for anywhere near the discounts available on regular A8s.

[/ QUOTE ]

SMOKE6.GIF

Y0u know these 4.2TDI's are as rare as rocking horse Poo, not many sold at all, so I hope Residuals will be quite good especially with low mileage ones. FIREdevil.gif