Another famous owner .....

AGK512

.... me very soon grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Car wil be at dealers TOMORROW yyeeeeesssssss grin.gifgrin.gif

Going to pop down tomorrow evening to take a peek looks like the 31st will be the big day if all goes well

Will try and get a couple of pics if I can. Are there any other silver 5dr MkV's on here ?

[ QUOTE ]

I suppose I will have to let missus have a drive soon

[/ QUOTE ]

No dont do it, the seat will be all wrong afterwards, she will moan its too big to park and say why have you wasted all this money when a TDI would have been sufficient instead !!!!!!!!! smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Oh bummer you mean I've got to wait 1000 miles grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No...... you got to fill her up and get those 1000 miles over and done with, quick as.

......... or, you could do as many have done and boot it from day one. Big old 3.2 V6 can handle it, plus I've seen the RR results of a few MKIVs that were booted from day one and they were pushing out better figures than those of us who stuck to the 'break in' rules.

Probably sensible to give it at least 400-500 miles to make sure all the bits are working and have settled in tho.

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Probably sensible to give it at least 400-500 miles to make sure all the bits are working and have settled in tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh huh. That's what I'm doing with the new engine in mine at the moment.

I have to say, it's very tough though - I haven't seen more than 3.5k for the last week, and I'm just on 400 miles.

Mind you - there is still plenty of go available for overtaking and country road blasts etc, the only problem is that 3k rpm in 6th gear is only 80 ish mph, so there are some knock on benefits to my license grin.gif