1.9 tdi q, revo to standard then back to revo

taffyboyo

I was quite impressed by the standard 130 when I first drove it the last week (bought the car chipped),

but after a few days i couldnt wait to put the revo setting back on,

totally transforms the car, anyone thinking of doing it, then go ahead, you wont regret it,

allthough there is definately warranty issues with a chipped engine, so mind how you go!

Taffy

Know what you mean Taff, in respect of the re-map.

I`ve currently got a re-mapped Golf GTI, and the difference, from standard, has been nothing short of a revelation.

However, as I`m currently thinking (strongly) of getting the new A4 S-line 220 ps, it occurs to me that, yeah, a future re-map would be great, but then I won`t have an engine warranty any longer, on a 25+k car.

Hobson`s choice really, but I just don`t know if I`ll be able to resist the lure of the re-map ! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

However, as I`m currently thinking (strongly) of getting the new A4 S-line 220 ps, it occurs to me that, yeah, a future re-map would be great, but then I won`t have an engine warranty any longer, on a 25+k car.

[/ QUOTE ]

My track car had a VW motorsport turbo, intercooler, injectors, H&R coilovers and Mov'it brakes when the engine went and the dealer just turned a blind eye to it. I think it depends on the dealer to be honest.

[ QUOTE ]

Know what you mean Taff, in respect of the re-map.

I`ve currently got a re-mapped Golf GTI, and the difference, from standard, has been nothing short of a revelation.

Hobson`s choice really, but I just don`t know if I`ll be able to resist the lure of the re-map ! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to buy a sps1 switch to put it back to standard when I had some probs with the engine, and they was fine with it, but before I put it back to standard a different dealer charged me for looking at it frown.gif

and said they couldnt fix it because they didnt know what the fault codes meant because apparantly they were all different because of the remap,

allways carry the sps1 in the car now, just incase of any probs smile.gif