New Corrado

David911

We were going to buy a second GTI but we are going to wait for the Leon FR and then maybe the Cupra before we decide.

As for the Corrado i wait and see if it ever come out. VW have cut there range of model varients back so much due to so many combonations they may not bring the corrado back as it was never a big seller.

The main reason the Corrado wasn't a big seller compared to the scirocco was that it was so over priced. I rember looking at buying one in the early 90's and it was over £20K then and to be honest until it got a V6 engine it was too slow.

I think with the popularity of coupes, such as TT, 350Z at the moment they will make it but I think it will be 2008/9 before we see it.

Going by my R32 ordering experience I better put my deposit down now.

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

The official name is Scirocco.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only have one problem with that,

Scirocco was always an affordable coupe were the Corrado was a high price VW badged prestige coupe using the VW more prestige badge name to justify its high price over main stream rival badged competitors, I bet the new one will not be priced like the older Scirocco was and more like the Corrado was.

[ QUOTE ]

Robin, by failure I'm sure he doesn't mean technically as a car, more from a sales & marketing point of view. The MKV in general (excluding GTI) hasn't lived up to sales expectations and costs a lot to produce compared to competitors.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Cheers, Andy 169144-ok.gif - I see what you mean.