Favour

Sparky

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it looks great but I wouldn't have the balls to buy a white one! Clarkson often calls out about how good white is for the GTI but a)he's loaded b)he doesn't own one.

I think all colours apart from white and that awful ink blue someone posted a while back are safe enough 169144-ok.gif

Been lurcking around, but never really had anything to add so have refreigned from posting, just thought I would add a picture of my back one seeing as there wasn't one on its own in this thread.

Not being a regular I am still trying to work out how to embed the picture in the post! can anyone help?

My favourites are black ( which is why we bought a black one)and Red, the more red ones I see the more I like them.

Not that keen on Blue ( personal opinion) I like the grey, I really dislike the silver ones blush.gif, I think the colour doesn't do the car justice and the rear bumper definitely has to be coded. Its the only colour where I find colour coding necessary. bike.thumb.gif

And remember SparkyUK that there are a whole load of special order colours that you can get too (including Green, Burgundy, Violet etc)

Linky

Your local UK dealer can order these, but may not be that keen because it is work for them and they can usually sell all their allocation without making much effort

Alternatively you could try Richard at www.euroimports.com or one of the other import orders (not Motorprovider in other words....)

I would strongly recommend you go to as many VW dealers as you can and look at as many Golfs as you can in different colours (does not need to be a GTI to get an idea of the colour) As the colours can varies so much in photos. Shadow blue and Graphite blue are two of the most difficult colours to get to look right if you can at all in photos.

There were quite a few colours i ruled out due to photos until i got to see them in the flesh, and vice versa, ones i liked in photos did not impress me in real life.