Qualifying - Saturday 12:30pm - 2:25pm

Race Live - Sunday 12:00pm - 3:20pm

Highlights - Sunday 11:45pm - 12:55am

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

my mate who took me to Brands last week is being flown down to Monaco for the day everything paid for, ticket for me?

no chance

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine (investment banker) took a client to the Monaco GP a few years ago.

And I think the same year she took the same client to the British GP by helicopter.

I begged her to let me have a go on the helicopter. You can guess the answer frown.gif She refused to tell me about any future outings because I did her head in so much about the helicopter.

<font color="green">1.</font> M Schumacher

<font color="green">2.</font> Alonso

<font color="green">3.</font> Webber

<font color="green">4.</font> Raikkonen

<font color="green">5.</font> Fisichella

<font color="green">6.</font> Montoya

<font color="green">7.</font> Barrichello

<font color="green">8.</font> Trulli

<font color="green">9.</font> Coulthard

<font color="green">10.</font> Rosberg

<font color="orange">11.</font> R Schumacher

<font color="orange">12.</font> Klien

<font color="orange">13.</font> Liuzzi

<font color="orange">14.</font> Button

<font color="orange">15.</font> Villeneuve

<font color="orange">16.</font> Heidfeld

<font color="red">17.</font> Albers

<font color="red">18.</font> Monterio

<font color="red">19.</font> Speed

<font color="red">20.</font> Sato

<font color="red">21.</font> Montagny

<font color="red">22.</font> Massa No Time

[ QUOTE ]

I'm deeply suspicious about Schumachers..'Oh dear I can't make the last corner move'...was that a little blocking act or what!.. cheeky fecker...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, there should be some kind of penalty to cars if they crash (ok technically he didn't but he stalled and brought out the yellow flags) as that ruined at least 2 cars laps and secured his pole position.

[ QUOTE ]

I was dubious that was a mistake... Just doesnt seem to be that loose when he got to the Rascasse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.

The in-car footage does show him sawing at the wheel at little bit just before he stops, but it doesn't look like something he couldn't have sorted if he'd wanted to. In fact it looks like he's actually promoting the understeer with his steering action... sportifs2.gif

I'm not too sure. If he intended to compromise other peoples laps he could have given it a little extra gas around a corner, spun it and left it in the middle of the track.

Also as much as Renault are complaining they did have other attempts. Its not as though he fecked their only lap. If your going to rely on the absolute last lap, these things happened.

[ QUOTE ]

I was dubious that was a mistake... Just doesnt seem to be that loose when he got to the Rascasse.

[/ QUOTE ]You mean to say you actually have some doubt that he did it deliberately? It's classic Schumacher. On the positive side, I reckon it has fired up Alonso.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not too sure. If he intended to compromise other peoples laps he could have given it a little extra gas around a corner, spun it and left it in the middle of the track.

Also as much as Renault are complaining they did have other attempts. Its not as though he fecked their only lap. If your going to rely on the absolute last lap, these things happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of Schumachers poles have been last lap efforts.

Nuff said.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of Schumachers poles have been last lap efforts.

Nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. You tell me?

Is every Poll always achieved on a drivers last lap? Infact in this case did schumi get poll on his last lap?

Yes it fecked Alonso up. But so many things can do that when your going for a last gasp pole.

[ QUOTE ]

Senna did something very simular at Magny Cours IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Senna intentionally jumped the kerb at the last turn and crashed over the line as it was faster than taking the corner normally, so I don't think it was quite the same.

But there should definately be some kind of ruling against this sort of thing.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Senna did something very simular at Magny Cours IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

But there should definately be some kind of ruling against this sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you prove he did it intentionally?

What happeneds the next time someone else ends up the wrong way during qualifying?

It will just become a farce.

Fair enough if you only have one lap for qualifying. But thats not the case. And no its not always the last lap that gets poll. So unless you can clearly prove someone parked the car in the middle of the road. Its tuff luck.

If you want everyone to get a perfect unimpeded crack at qualifying, send them out 1 at a time.

[ QUOTE ]

What happeneds the next time someone else ends up the wrong way during qualifying?

Fair enough if you only have one lap for qualifying. But thats not the case. And no its not always the last lap that gets poll. So unless you can clearly prove someone parked the car in the middle of the road. Its tuff luck.

If you want everyone to get a perfect unimpeded crack at qualifying, send them out 1 at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

My arguement is that people SHOULD be penalised for causing a yellow or red flag, intentional or not. They should get say a 2 second penalty to there qualifying lap time for that session (which would make it very hard to avoid the drop zone in the first two sessions and near impossible to take pole.

Can we prove it was intentional? No.

But it did prevent others from being able to challenge his time and if nothing else put marshalls in danger.

Alonso completed his lap with marshalls on the track tending to Schumachers car and was only 0.062s off pole, either he was massively faster than Schumacher or he barely backed off at all risking there lives had he made a similar mistake.

Also there is every reason why people would be faster on there last lap as there fuel load is set at the start of the session, so the car gets lighter with every lap.

Remember Austria a few years ago (2000 I think) when Schumacher and Zonta collided at the start, and he drove the car back to the middle of the track to get it red flagged. The thing that really annoys me is that the FIA doesnt have any balls, the drivers in F3, F3000 etc... see that sort of behaviour and think "Well if he can do it then it must be ok..."

Schumacher saw Senna do simular things without punishment and carried on, no doubt a new younger driver will carry on again. (I'm thinking of a young Brazillian who thinks he has a right to be in F1 because of his fathers name...)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My arguement is that people SHOULD be penalised for causing a yellow or red flag, intentional or not. They should get say a 2 second penalty to there qualifying lap time for that session (which would make it very hard to avoid the drop zone in the first two sessions and near impossible to take pole.

Can we prove it was intentional? No.

But it did prevent others from being able to challenge his time and if nothing else put marshalls in danger.

Alonso completed his lap with marshalls on the track tending to Schumachers car and was only 0.062s off pole, either he was massively faster than Schumacher or he barely backed off at all risking there lives had he made a similar mistake.

Also there is every reason why people would be faster on there last lap as there fuel load is set at the start of the session, so the car gets lighter with every lap.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest it would be even more boring then it is now.

You want to see drivers pushing both themselves and the car to the maximum.

The consequences for pushing too far are alread severe enough. Tyre restrictions, penalty's for changing your engine, potentially damaging your car, ending up with no qualifying lap, etc.

If we do as you suggest, the percentages will dictate even further that you drive within yourself. Not why I watch F1.

You want qualifying to be fair, then send them out 1 by 1. Otherwise just live with days like today. Renault still ended up second and had a few clean cracks at pole.

If the final lap was the be all and end all of qualifying why bother wasting tyres on others? Your right it is your best shot. But its not your only one. If it was the only one, drivers would always put in their best lap last. Thats clearly not the case.

I honestly don't believe Schumacher did that on purpose. He'd made a horrible mistake somewhere on the approach to Rascasse and ended up entirely on the wrong line.

As far as he was concerned, forcing the car round to complete the lap was secondary to not hitting the barriers.

I do quite like the idea that causing a red flag should lose you your fastest lap - that's one thing F1 could learn from Indy. Though in reality, this isn't a big problem in F1 - beyond Alonso's today I can't think of many qualifying laps so far this season that have been ruined.