Wow! 805 miles on DIS predicted

UBM

Just run to car to almost empty after my road trips last week and commuting to and from week. Topped it right up (64 litres, meaning about 6 left) and the DIS says 800 miles, but tripped to 805 on the way back to work car park (across the road).

What did they do at the service this week.... confused.gif

Lottie - if you're going to try to save money, buying a car for any amount of money isn't going to be the way to do it!

Forget the A3 DSG idea and buy a diesel car for no more than £1000. If you want me to be obvious - 80 TDi is going to be a good choice. No depreciation, and 50 to the gallon!

But I can't run an old 80 Tdi for 25K miles a year. frown.gif

Well, I could, but I don't want to. Its the whole running costs of the TT plus another car. And its the TT that is the largest chunk. I can afford it, I just look at the amount of money each month and wonder if its worth it. crazy.gif

Oh so you mean run the A3 as your only car?

I have thought about this at length as obviously we both spend a lot of time on the road. My A4 TDi was the best thing I did - only lost £3200 in 1 year/53,500 miles. Comfort, economy, and minimcal depreciation.

I'd hate to lose the TT. frown.gif But petrol is killing me, and I sometimes wonder if there is more to life than travelling the UK to put petrol in to do the work to pay for the car to put more petrol in etc etc! ROLLEY~14.GIF

Just some thoughts knocking around in the void called my head. Nothing decided. Need to do some sums. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'd hate to lose the TT. frown.gif But petrol is killing me, and I sometimes wonder if there is more to life than travelling the UK to put petrol in to do the work to pay for the car to put more petrol in etc etc! ROLLEY~14.GIF

Just some thoughts knocking around in the void called my head. Nothing decided. Need to do some sums. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lottie - I have been trapped by the petrol, nice car bug a few times! Look at my cabriolet voyage. I did OK out of the deal, would kill for an S4, butit would end up in financial misery.

But a 2.0TDI, with plenty of toys to keep you amused.

Diesels are great! 169144-ok.gif

Like this for example:

Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport

Finished in Mauritius Blue with a Graphite/black Vienna Leather interior £16,900

Mileage: * 17,900 miles

Transmission: Manual

Fuel: Diesel

Centre details

Wimbledon Audi

50 Kingston Road

Wimbledon

London

SW19 1JZ

Tel: 020 8540 5590

Fax: 020 8687 5699

Email us

Equipment / Technical Specifications

Audio / Communication:

Audi Concert II radio/CD

BOSE sound system

Phatnoise MP3 player

Exterior:

Electric/heated door mirrors

Front fog lights

Rear wash wipe

Interior:

60/40 split rear seat

Driver/passenger seat height adjustment

Front/rear head restraints

Isofix

Piano black inlays

Sports seats

Safety / Technology:

Acoustic rear parking system

Alarm

Anti-lock brakes with EBD

Driver, passenger and front side air bags

Drivers information system (dis)

Dual zone climate control

Electronic stability programme

Front electric windows

Headlamp adjustment

Immobiliser

Remote central door locking

Sports suspension

Storage & no smoking pack

Tracker

Steering Wheel:

Power-assisted steering

Rake/reach adjustable steering column/wheel

Wheels:

17in alloy wheels

6 speed manual gearbox

Full service history

Manufacturers warranty until 14/07/2007

Two registered keepers

Buy it for 16K ish - put in the Mazda money (5K or so) only have finance for 11K, half of what I have now (well, less than half actually) and much better fuel economy. Bung on a remap and Bobs your Tractor. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Way to go!

Are you flogging the TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure - I'm just fed up spending 700 quid a month on fuel, 545 on the finance, and 70 or so on the insurance. frown.gif BUT - I love the TT, and I've just spent some dosh on modding it so not sure this is the best time to do anything! 2nd BUT - it is a good time to sell the MX-5 as she is blinged and got 12 months MOT and its summer. I think. cool.gif

Need to get a settlement figure on the TT, and maybe see what I'd get selling it privately. Then I'll think on some more....but the cash saved is seriously tempting. BUT I'd be losing on the TT depreciation. frown.gifgrin.gif

All this talk of miles per tank remembered me about the last I filled her up:

£54 of super unleaded, 190 miles later all gone.

This was even before the remap. The only way I win over the cost is having a 1.3 Hyundia (spelling) to take to work every day (costs £5 for 65miles!!), if not I wouldn't be able to run the A3..

And petrol keeps going up crazy.gif