Glass's vs Parkers view on trade margins (?)

Merlot

Was flicking at Parkers in Tesco today and the view on current shape A8 margins was £7-9k which seemed high for a car which is still, in the main, under manufacturer's warranty.

Took a peek at Glass's when I got home and they show a £4k spread. What's the story?

glasses and parkers are so far off the mark with regards to used car sales these days

FFS - they valued my S3 at 8k last year and i sold it for 13k - they valued my Yaris at 4k and i sold it for 5.5k

the list goes on. i'm not sure what they're up too by i get the impression that they're trying to manipulate the market by setting serious low values on cars. for example, was considering getting an S4 so i enquired about trade in for my 02 model a4 avant tdi130. now i know it's done a fair few miles but glasses valued it at 4k! Even the dealer advised said that if they could get a4's that cheap they'd sell them all day. instead they offered by 6.5k - 2.5k ABOVE glasses guide - thats a big difference. Even with that good offer, i could still go to ebay and get a bit more.

Crazy - whats the deal with these?? are their heads in the sand or is there something more sinister going on?