[Audi A3/S3] A3 Service costs over 3 years - any guesses?

Briggs

So, my A3 is on order smile.gif- few things to decide before I pick it up some time in August. As ever, when I paid the deposit, Audi were trying to offload a load of finance deals onto me - the usual Gap insurance, 'have you considered taking out Audi finance' ROLLEY~14.GIF er no. But one thing that I want to look into further is a 3 year service package where by you pay monthly and that covers the first 3 years of service. Anyone else taken this out? I'll be keeping the car for at least 3 years and will be taking to the main dealer near where I live anyway for 3 years.

if it is on variable servicing it will depend on how you drive the car, but if you work on about a service every 15000 on average i would say you'll be about right. (my DERV has managed around 17000 before it need a service)

i think a main dealer service is about £350 a pop but i might be wrong on that so work out your mileage per year and got from there

With my TT I had it for 2 years and 7 months and had one service at 19,000 miles. It would have gone in September at three years old, if I'd kept it that long, before its next service was due. The service was about £265 if I remember right. So for a TTR 150 £265 for three years; can't see an A3 being any more, but it depends how you drive it.

My car is 26 months old, so far had 1 service - £200, a brake fluid change - £70 and 2 new tyres - £200, The dealer offered me a service plan and wanted £42.45 pm for 3 years (£1528.20).

So at that rate, I am still £894.50 better off by having not taken the deal with 10 months still to run, I envisage needing to buy at least 2 more new tyres within that time, not sure when the next service will fall or if anything else may need doing before 3 yrs but at the moment it's looking like I will be better of by having not taken the deal.

However, due to a change in personal circumstances I have only done 17.5k miles in 26 months which is considerably less than the 13.5k pa that the plan was tailored for, so my best 'guestimate' would be that if I was indeed doing the mileage and needing, probably a service (£200+) and set of tyres (£400) per year plus whatever else would need doing in 40.5k as per the plan then in hindsight I'd say it might be worthwile taking the service plan.

Just be sure that the mileage in the deal is about right, as they'll charge a surplus for any extra or if like me you don't do the mileage, either way you'll be paying over the odds.

beerchug.gif

Thanks - I've checked the figures in the small print now (I clearly wasn't paying any attention at the time!) and they've quoted 21.93 per month which is £789.48 for service maintenence and tyres. I'm a low mileage driver with lots of cold starts and short journey's to work (2 miles!) so would be getting an annual service - I guess if i can squeeze 3 in, with a set of new tyres on the front, it'd just about be worth it?